Ready to become a member of the Michigan Reading Association?
Here are some of the benefits of membership:
- Digital networking with colleagues who share a commitment and passion for promoting literacy
- Connections to local reading councils for close/frequent opportunities to energize your teaching
- A voice on the MRA Board, through your elected regional representative
- Leadership opportunities on the MRA Board and its active committees
- State and national legislative/policy updates from our legislative advocate
- Connection to the International Literacy Association
- Three issues of the Michigan Reading Journal annually
- Three issues of our News and Views newsletter annually
- Lower fees for events, including the Research to Practice Institute and Summer Literature Conference
Join or Renew Your MRA Membership
We accept payments for membership via PayPal.
- Regular Membership $35
- Retired Membership $20
- Full-Time Undergraduate $15
- MRA also offers a Joint Membership. Please see information below, or visit the MCTM website to register for our Joint Membership program at a rate of $99.
Register New Account
Joint Membership Program
Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and now Reading!
Individual Joint Membership
A joint membership subscription is an innovative method to enable educators to stay informed about the disciplines that are vital to the learning process in a way that is cost-effective! Joint membership options allow educators and schools/instructors to become members of six organizations Michigan Council of Teachers of Mathematics (MCTM), Michigan Science Teachers Association (MSTA), Michigan Council of Teachers of Social Studies (MCSS), Michigan Reading Association (MRA), Detroit Area Council of Teachers of Mathematics (DACTM), and Metro Detroit Science Teachers Association (MDSTA) with a single application and one low payment.
Joint membership benefits:
- E-newsletters from each association (Each association will send you an announcement when their Newsletter is available for viewing or printing in their members-only section of their website).
- For associations having a Journal, an e-notice will be sent when it is available on-line
- Reduced member rates for conference registration for each association
- Voting privileges for all six associations
- Announcements from all six associations
- Access to all six associations’ websites, as well as their Members-Only section!
- Your professional individual membership may be tax deductible