The Michigan Reading Association each year at the annual conference recognizes meritorious literacy work by an individual, agency/organization. Recipients must show expertise in one of the following areas:
- Organizing literacy programs
- Promoting support from the public relative to enhancing literacy
- Producing teaching materials or special media for literacy programs
- Carrying out research in fields related to literacy
- Providing people, the opportunity to help in literacy activities
- Conducting special surveys of importance for literacy planning
- Carrying out informal educational activities of a social, cultural, economic or political nature, in which literacy activities are included
- Promoting legislation which supports literacy
Nominations are due December 31st of each year.
Literacy Award Nomination Form
Click the link above to submit a nomination.