The Michigan Reading Association is an organization of people who believe that literacy is the key to transferring people's lives. Chartered in 1956 by the International Reading Association, MRA has grown to be the leader in providing literacy resources to teachers, parents and universities.
Ready to become a member of the Michigan Reading Association (or renew your membership)? You can sign-up/renew online.
Here are some of the benefits of membership:
- - Digital networking with colleagues who share a commitment and passion for promoting literacy
- - Connections to local reading councils for close/frequent opportunities to energize your teaching
- - A voice on the MRA Board, through your elected regional representative
- - Leadership opportunities on the MRA Board and its active committees
- - State and national legislative/policy updates from our legislative advocate
- - Connection to the International Reading Association
- - Three issues of the Michigan Reading Journal annually
- - Three issues of our News and Views newsletter annually
- - Access to publications to enhance your teaching, tailored for the needs of Michigan teachers
- - Lower fees for events, including the Research to Practice Institute and Summer Literature Conference